Combined Chlorine Test

dschribs

Mar 14, 2013
CT
I have a question on the CC test.

If my pool water looks crystal clear, and all other tests (FC, pH, TA, CH, CYA) are within recommended/normal limits - is there still a need for a CC test?? What more would it tell me if anything??

FYI - I am using bleach for my chlorine.

Yes it can happen. While it is fairly unusual, it is possible to get CC above 0.5 for a variety of obscure reasons that would require shocking.

What many people do is a simple quick check to see if FC is anywhere near where it should be six days a week, and only check CC once a week.

Thanks!!! Very helpful.

Would also be able to test TA, CH and CYA once a week as well? I am running lots of tests every day and I think I am doing them too often. I have already used one bottle of CYA reagent and I just opened the pool on Memorial Day!!

dschribs said:
Thanks!!! Very helpful.

Would also be able to test TA, CH and CYA once a week as well? I am running lots of tests every day and I think I am doing them too often. I have already used one bottle of CYA reagent and I just opened the pool on Memorial Day!!

Absolutely you can do the TA and CH once a week or possibly less if you find they stay stable .... the CYA is test is only needed a couple of times a season as it doesn't go away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.