My problem seems to be high TA

Jun 5, 2013
tn
My problem seems to be high TA ( can't even measure it because I get false readings) cya at 90 and ph 7.0 last year we had to keep fc above 7 to kill algae it's a 60000 gal pool so draining and refilling is expensive. from what I am reading I'm not sure why the ph is low and the ta so high.

What kit are you using to test with?

You're CYA is way too high. You're going to have to drain some water to get it back reasonable.

Tell us more about the pool and equipment and how you normally chlorinate?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

What is happening when you test the TA? With continued use of tablets, I would be surprised that the TA is high. Are you sure it is not very low?

What are the test results for your tap/fill water?

You have a good test kit. Now you need to spend some time in Pool School reading the ABC's. Tablets in the skimmer is a bad thing. They create an area of very high FC and very low pH whenever the pump is off.

What problem are you having with the water? What does it look like?
When you say you get false readings on the TA, exactly what is happening?

let me test the fill water and see. thanks just tested my fill water 100ppm ta I know tablets in the skimmer is a bad thing but my hayward chlorine feeder is not working right yet. We leave the pump on 24/7 during swimming season. Right now the water looks good at 74 degrees as it did last year but with warmer temps comes algae. We have had to keep the fc above 7 to keep the algae out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.