Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: BSweeney - New to the site!

1. Back To Top    #1

BSweeney - New to the site!

Hello all,
    I will be putting up an above ground pool sometime in the next couple of weeks. It is a 24ft, 52in tall, round above ground pool with a DE filter. I will eventually update my signature with all of the pertinent information about the pool, it's been in the shed since I took it down from a friend last year so I can't exactly remember all of the details.

As of right now, my intention is to go SWG. I've been lurking around this site for the past few days and reading here and there. I've owned an above ground pool in the past, but it was 10+ years ago. So I'd imagine I'll have lots of questions and do even more reading!

Thanks in advance!

Billy
    14k gal, AG, Hayward Perflex Extended Cycle DE Filter(38gpm), Hayward 1.0hp Powerflo LX, Hayward Aquaray, Summer 2013, Hayward AquaTrol SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: BSweeney - New to the site!

Welcome to TFP!
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome!

Get ready... have a proper test kit before the first drop of water goes in and you should have a troublefreepool.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks! Yep, I just placed an order for the TF-100. A coworker is also a user of this site and he made sure to say the same exact thing.. get a good test kit first and foremost.
    14k gal, AG, Hayward Perflex Extended Cycle DE Filter(38gpm), Hayward 1.0hp Powerflo LX, Hayward Aquaray, Summer 2013, Hayward AquaTrol SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by bsweeney
    Yep, I just placed an order for the TF-100. A coworker is also a user of this site and he made sure to say the same exact thing.. get a good test kit first and foremost.

...and Welcome Aboard
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.