More Calcium hardness

Aug 15, 2012
Please do not hijack the thread. Start your question in a new thread....

Hi folks,

Purchased the TF-100 test kit last year.... Opened my pool last Sunday (6-2-13).
Shocked the pool and ran filter for 24 hours. My wife brought a water sample to Leslie yesterday....

Here are the results.... (new guy at the testing station without a clue)

FAC 3
TAC 3
CH 500+++++
CYA 40
TA 120
PH 7.4
Copper 0
Iron 0
PHO 300

When I got home about 6 hours later I tested the calcium hardness myself and got 300.... :goodjob:

QUESTION:
The kit instructions say "add R-0012, one drop at a time, til color changes to blue"
I did this and at drop 30 it changed to a purpley blue..... Is that when to stop or do I need to keep adding R-0012 until it turns to a blue..... I always thought it was a signifigant color change....

Also at Leslie they stoped the test and told my wife it above 500 :?: :?: :?:

any help would be greatly appreciated....... Thanks again

Using the TF-100, I would trust your test results over the pool store's.

hggbrew said:
Is that when to stop or do I need to keep adding R-0012 until it turns to a blue
Continue adding drops as long as the color continues changing. The final drop that does not cause any further color change doesn't count. For example, say you added 32 drops and the 32nd drop did not change the color, subtract that last drop which results in a total drop count of 31.

Here are more complete instructions on performing this (and other) tests.
Extended Test Kit Directions Scroll down to the CH section of this page.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.