May 24, 2013
Arizona
22x54 intex ultra frame currently using filter system 2500 size b cartridge while my pentaire dynamo motor is being fixed..using the bbb methd, awaiting arrival of the kit suggested here the 70.00 one t100 i think. Anyway live in az 110-115 direct sun all day. While waiting for my kit all i have are these useless strips and each night fc drops last night was about 1/2 with these strips saying 4-6 is ideal but since i cant test my cya unsure how to handle it on monday pool guy for filter added acid which after reading chemistry was probably the cy acid. He didnt add alot but he was here at about 11am and not alot of use that day. Where can i purchase cya without having to Go to pool store the one here is so pricy and how much in need am i..ordered kit yestrday priority mail.

Would going and getting some hth shock at walmart help while wait for arrival of kit, the water is clear, crystal clear and no stinging or burning of eyes holds at 90 degrees but gets direct sunlight all day at such high temps.

Do u also know of any online sights can get the bbb products in bulk or should i get a sams or cosco membership if anyone has either of thise do they find the price Difference significant enough To make fees worth it.
Thanks

barbaradomanski said:
Where can i purchase cya without having to Go to pool store the one here is so pricy and how much in need am i
I have found it at Lowes. Here are a coupe of online sites I have purchased products from that you can use as a comparison:
Need to factor in shipping cost as well. The first link above offers free shipping on orders greater than $50.

As for how much you need, that depends on the pool's water volume and the current CYA level. I see the length and width dimensions of your pool but not the depth. I also believe you had recently posted that you just filled your pool. As an example, if your pool's depth is 4 feet and you have zero CYA, you would need ~ 9.5 pounds of granular CYA to reach 40 ppm; To reach 50 ppm, you would need just under 12 pounds of CYA.

barbaradomanski said:
...pool guy for filter added acid...
This could have been Muriatic Acid. Check invoice and see if what he added is listed.

barbaradomanski said:
Would going and getting some hth shock at walmart help while wait for arrival of kit, the water is clear, crystal clear and no stinging or burning of eyes holds at 90 degrees but gets direct sunlight all day at such high temps.
I would not purchase a shock-labeled product. Recommend sticking with liquid bleach as your chlorine source. If I remember right from a previous post, you had just filled your pool which would mean that your CYA was zero. Assuming you have not added any CYA, the only wildcard is what the pool guy added. If this cannot be determined, I would suggest keeping FC between 3 and 5 ppm until your test kit arrives. Keep in mind you may have to test FC a couple of times a day using the strips (while not great, the strips are better than nothing) and dose to keep FC within this range.

Thanks as always called jimmy pool guy he added muriatic 2 cups
Here r my #s this am
Fc 1
Ph 7.5
Ta 120
For 13,000 gallons ta and ph on tbe money fc is in the tank added 96 oz last night ran filter eight hrs..water is crystal clear swam last nightfor two hrs with my son clear no burning eyes. Should i add more clorox 8.5% is what im using..and if i add how long should i run the filter

Also need to buy thru wall skimmer hooking up pentaire dynamo 1hp single speed and sand dollar pump already have the t joint hosing ready to go..just want to make sure the hayward wide mouth is way to go. Have u found the basket needs mod besides a sock im in az no trees no bugs just serious dust.

I was online last nice and doing a spread sheet of prices at sams cosco etc. Found something wondering if u have heard of it. A solar pool chloronator uses salt. No hooking up to filter sys, no electricity runs on solar uses salt looks like it floats in pool chk it out tell me what u think its 349.00 i live in the land of the sun arizona so a solar independent swg system hits my interest. Has anyone seen it or heard of it or used it. If you go to sans club on line have to find my store location is arizona ave in chandler arizona thats only store i saw it in. All my experts here let me know what u think.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.