keeping water feature clean

Jun 5, 2013
Question: I live in arizona, have an 18k gallon pool. When I first moved into this house about a month ago the pools water feature (basic rock waterfall) was gross with algae and black fungus all over it. It is all clean and clear now, but wondering how often do I have to run the water feature to keep it clean? Right now I have it running every night for 6 hours when the vac is running. Could I run it every other night instead? Every night but for just two hours? Twice a week? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

When the water feature is off if is dry in 10 mins with the exception of a few places where the water puddles. If it doesn't run for a week then those puddles are filled with everything from bird Crud to leaves to algae beginning to grow and take off. Has nothing to do with the levels of my water as I'm not talking about the pool itself but how ofter to run my water feature so it doesn't look awful like it would if it goes a week without running.

I just think that running it for hours upon hours each night is overkill and asking if anyone knows of a good balance, good schedule to run that one part.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.