Bought a new house. Pool went from slightly green when I put the contract in, to milky then clear when I closed 30 days later. On final walkthrough the previous owner was throwing out what appeared to be three tubs of shock. They left some boxes of pool tools and there's a canister of algaecide. Hardware all seems to be hayward, catridge filter, and a thing that says trichlor which I'm guessing is the chlorinator.
Three days later (today), I'm at the house doing some work, water is mildly milky and I have thousands of tadpoles. Was three days without power thanks to the power company missing an appointment so no filtration or circulation. We also had a huge rain which added about 4" to the water level, it's now nearly at the top of the tiles.
Ran through my taylor test kit when it was clear but no power and before the heavy rain, sample taken at arms depth in the shallow end. Results:
CC 0 ppm
CYA way off the scale. Couldn't see the dot and it was filled maybe a third of the way to 100
There is also yellow stuff on the bottom and sides, it brushes around, not sure if pollen or algae. Oh and thousands of tadpoles.
So I need some help. I get quite a bit of precipitation in some of the tests I'm guessing from the high CH. From what I've read here, my first step should be a massive water change to get the CA under control? Ya'll seem to know your business, so please show me the way!