Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What does the term "interlock" mean in reference to pools?

1. Back To Top    #1

What does the term "interlock" mean in reference to pools?

I have a salt water pool that is controlled by an Aqualogic control system. I got the " no cell power" message on my panel and did every thing I could to correct it. I followed all of the instructions on the no cell power website and ended up just getting a new board. Once the pool guy installed my new board, some of my pool settings changed and I have had to go back correct things. I have everything back to normal now except when I try to turn on the lights inside the pool, i get a message that says " interlock prevents turn on." Can someone tell me what I need to do to correct this.

2. Back To Top    #2
    DFW, Texas

Re: What does the term "interlock" mean in reference to pool

Welcome to TFP

Interlock in this context refers to a setting that overrides a default setting or a setting that requires one or more conditions to be satisfied before a function operates. In most cases, this is a configurable setting. If so, there should be instructions in your operating manual to deactivate the interlock.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Sometimes that message comes up when you try to activate a pool feature while in spa mode, or a spa feature while in pool mode.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Pleasanton, CA

Interlock can also occur at pump start up. This prevents valves from turning on that might interfere with priming (e.g. cleaner or solar valve) but it should go away in a few minutes.

Which controller do you have and which valve are you trying to turn on?
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner