Q for dave J ( tfp monitor) re dynamo pump

May 24, 2013
Arizona
Dave,
U have same dynamo 1 hp pump i have and sand dollar filter im disabled so i had a guy from a co here that does installs come to help me install the system. I bought it from a nice guy a friend knew, my friend said he was stand up guy. So i got the entire pump, filter,auto vac, ladder that folds up, all hoses for 195.00 sys was 4 mos old guy said was All working four days before i picked it up. The pool guy sets the pump on ground attaches yellow cone looking things to wires attaches the box ( gfci box or gfi box) can never remember what thats called turns it on and says my motor is siezed up. I dont know alot about these pumps and filters used intex ones in pasr so im using the 2500 size b pool came with right now.

My questions r
Should he have tried turning pump on without attaching to filter and pool so water was in it first?
I dont have tremendous confidence in this guy he wouldnnt install the thru the wall skimmer either. Being disabled these things are hard for me to do myself.
Some asked me if i could turn a impeller by hand i dont know what that is and i ok'd the guy to take it to tech guybto look at...but to do nothing before he calls me and tells me the problem.
What the impeller and if it can turn or not what does that tell you.
Perhaps u could supply me with some questions to ask and tell me the meaning of the qestions. Gave me an est of 150 to fix the motor so even if thats the case im still way ahead at 195 for all i got from the guy i bought it from.
Is 150 reasonable to fix the motor i was ****** he charged me 95 bucks to come out and all he did while here was screw a metal thing to hold my hoses into my wall by filter, unless he charged me for flirting geez he did do that too.
With this system the thru the wall skimmer that came with it, i think needs rdplacing can i use a hayward widemouth thru wall skimmer with the pentair i already have the hose with t joint.
If he tells me needs rebuild motor is it worth fixing? Or should i get new one...im at just about what i wanted for this years budget.any help is appreciated
I have the 22x52 ultra frame, 2500 intex filter using now pentair dynamo 1 hp single speed pump and sand dollar sad filter, auto vac zodiac ranger

Dynamo pumps are pretty good pumps. It's hard to say what, if anything, may be wrong with the pump. I had mine sieze up once and all I did was bumped the motor shaft and it's worked ever since. Maybe you'll be that lucky. Yet and all, $150 for repairing it isn't bad at all.

Got great news pump is fine the man i bought it from had bought a gfi box and wired it to the pump his outside outlet must not have had one thats what was busted. Im wired for gfi still have to do the thru the wall skimmer going to order today...refresh need the hayward big mouth thru wall right usually runs 28-32 bucks.?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.