Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PANIC in Central NJ

1. Back To Top    #1

Central NJ

PANIC in Central NJ

I'm into year 5 of BBB so no issues with that. So I'm a bit late with the pool opening chore this year, but I figure no big, drive over to the local Namco/Branchbrook and pick up a couple of 5 gallon carboys of liquid chlorine. But... but... they're going out of business! I have never bought the 5 gallon containers anywhere else but the local Branchbrook. By chance are there any other Central NJ forum members out there who can point out another place to buy the 5 gallon carboys? Apologies in advance if this has already been answered somewhere else in this forum.

(fortunately they still have a bunch of the 1 gallon 12.5% chlorine jugs on the shelves...)
    36K gallon IG pool, vinyl liner
    Hayward sand filter
    Hayward heat pump heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Howell, NJ

Re: PANIC in Central NJ

I've never looked around for 12.5% chlorine. I always just use bleach. If you find anything, let me know.
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Try cleaning supply wholesale places.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    P'Burg NJ

I live in Phillipsburg NJ. Town and Country pools off Rt 57 sells 5 gallon and 2.5 gallon carboys of chlorine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    11,000 Gal Trilogy "Utopia" Fiberglass Pool, 1HP Jandy Pump, Jandy CS200 Cartridge Filter, Raypak 199k BTU Heater, Liquidator, CMP Off-Line Chlorinator. Cleaners: Polaris 360, Blue Diamond, Poolvernuegen Pressure

5. Back To Top    #5

The pool store (Add on Pools?) on RT 35 by Sears has it.
    20x40 28K gal IG Vinyl Sand Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Pelican sells liquid as well...
    32,000 Gallon Vinyl Lazy L
    Hayward DE6000
    Hayward Ecostar SP3400VSP
    Aquabot T4RC
    Taylor K2006