Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete cracks

1. Back To Top    #1

Concrete cracks

Hello all!

Our salt water pool is about 4 years old now (we've only lived here for a year), but I think in SoCal with so little rain... The salt is cracking our concrete a bit (pictures below). I have a couple of questions:

1) how can I fix these cracks? Is there something that works wells to fill them in?
    2) Can I seal the concrete in some way? If so, what type of product is good? Also, for the tile in the pool, can we seal the grout the same way we would for our tile floors inside?

3) are there any other prevention tips I may be missing.

As always, thank you!

[attachment=1:1mhxb5tq]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370389649.800331.jpg[/attachment:1mhxb5tq][attachment=0:1mhxb5tq]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370389708.615897.jpg[/attachment:1mhxb5tq]

Attached Images Attached Images
    13,000 gallon plaster salt water pool. Jandy DEV60 filter, Jandy AquaPure SWG (APURE1400)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Concrete cracks

im no expert but the crack in the expansion joint happened where it was designed to crack but as far as the tile that beats me
    13k IG pebble pool w/waterfall, 1hp whisperflow pump, pentair ccp320 cartridge filter
    Circupool SI45+ swg
    TF100 +speed stir Taylor 1766 salt test

3. Back To Top    #3

That's good to know! We also have a hole that somehow showed up- something must have fell just right. Wondering how we could patch that up/seal concrete. Thanks everyone!

[attachment=0:2nstsrbm]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370392283.964600.jpg[/attachment:2nstsrbm]

Attached Images Attached Images
    13,000 gallon plaster salt water pool. Jandy DEV60 filter, Jandy AquaPure SWG (APURE1400)

4. Back To Top    #4

I have had the same hole pop up in my cement deck as well. I am worried about the water causing the hole to expand. Any suggestion on patching or fixing the hole?

5. Back To Top    #5

Just thought I'd follow up to see if anyone had some product recommendations?