New Pool in Tampa Bay!!! Updated Pics 9/20

Re: New Pool in Tampa Bay!!!

Had a slight freak out with the shallow end..only had about a foot of 3 ft. by the end of the sun shelf, we were at 5ft already! We slightly adjusted it so there is somewhere to stand for my little guy. I guess code dictates the slope towards 8 ft..so if you want more of a shallow end..do a longer pool!

Dump truck squashed sewer line and it backed up into my master bedroom shower and tub..and into my bedroom... Sigh - AND its our responsibility to fix it.
Check your contracts, folks.

Here is Mondays plumbing work and more rebar.

DSC_1870 by vanibrown, on Flickr

DSC_1871 by vanibrown, on Flickr

DSC_1874 by vanibrown, on Flickr

DSC_1873 by vanibrown, on Flickr

DSC_1872 by vanibrown, on Flickr

vanibrown said:
Dump truck squashed sewer line and it backed up into my master bedroom shower and tub..and into my bedroom... Sigh - AND its our responsibility to fix it.
Check your contracts, folks.
Our PB said they won't replace the grass that their equipment damages. Unfortunately they also neglected to tell us that we *have* to replace the grass in the easements or we won't pass our final inspection. That left us scrambling for a company that has a couple of pallets of SOD that isn't saturated from all this rain. $241 delivered and we have to put it down. :rant:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New Pool in Tampa Bay!!! Updated Pics 8/7

Very nice, don't forget to make future plans for a summer kitchen etc. :cheers:

Thanks Bloomfield, Zephard and Brentr, we may do an outdoor kitchen but don't want to over improve for the neighborhood. We were thinking about adding the kitchen behind the spa side and roof it. We have the room just not the money! :)

AlanE- our PB usually includes a certain sqft of sod for that reason, but I negotiated it out of the price as we have someone who can get us sod at a good price, I wonder if we will have to put it down to pass inspection. Seems weird. We are in hillsborough county.

vanibrown said:
AlanE- our PB usually includes a certain sqft of sod for that reason, but I negotiated it out of the price as we have someone who can get us sod at a good price, I wonder if we will have to put it down to pass inspection. Seems weird. We are in hillsborough county.
You can ask the PB that, they should know. Charlotte county is almost as bad as having an HOA. You need a permit for everything. :roll:

Re: New Pool in Tampa Bay!!! Updated Pics 8/12

The gunite should be 6" thick. If the damage was deep enough they'll throw some cement on it otherwise the plaster will cover it and smooth it out. We had a hole where they had the sump pump to pump out all the water. They filled it in with hydraulic cement and later plastered over it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.