Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: salt chlorinator issues

1. Back To Top    #1

salt chlorinator issues

so i bought a used ssalt system last year and it worked great. it is a Mineral Springs MS-10. with a goldline T-15 cell. when i turn the pump on, the power light, and generating chlorine light come on. also, the no flow light and the test cell light flash for about a minute. i know the no flow flash is normal at first. after a minute the test cell light goes solid. and the generating chlorine light goes off. power light stays on. when i first opened last week. the digital chlorine display showed 2.6. it has dwindled down to 0.0 now. i took the cell to Leslies today and had it tested. it tested fine.... is there something in the control box i can check? is the system dead?

Thank you for any input
    roughly 25,000 gallons
    Hayward S200 filter
    Hayward 1HP super pump
    vinyl liner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: salt chlorinator issues

Welcome to TFP!

That depends on how handy you are with a soldering iron There are a couple of internal components that can be replaced if you are comfortable repairing electronics. Search around for the AquaRite repair topic (the units are the same internally).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School