New kit! Real numbers. Now what??

passionsrlz said:
I'm getting frustrsted. I tested FC at 8:30 and it was 12.5 I added about 60 oz of bleach the Walmart brand and an hour later it was 21.5 did I test too soon or did I just really mess up one of the tests? Feeling discouraged.
Check the water depth and recalculate volume. Also be sure you picked the right strength bleach.

Finally, note that when you add the powder and mix it, there should be one or two granules undissolved before you start counting drops. If you skimped a little, the first test might have been artificially low.

At any rate, you didn't overdose it too bad.

Thanks for the quick responses. Costing me a fortune keeping my FC level so high I really feel like I should be passing overnight test. I will measure depth of pool tomorrow and get a more accurate depth. I almost passed four days ago and feel like I am losing control. Should I not even bother with the overnight test in the morning?

passionsrlz said:
Thanks for the quick responses. Costing me a fortune keeping my FC level so high I really feel like I should be passing overnight test. I will measure depth of pool tomorrow and get a more accurate depth. I almost passed four days ago and feel like I am losing control. Should I not even bother with the overnight test in the morning?
No, perhaps the big blast will get you over the hump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.