Shocking process... FC not coming down.

Jun 18, 2012
I started the shock process on Sunday. Our pool is a round AG 16x48 filled with well water. When I initially tested these were my results...
FC 0
PH 7.8
CYA 0
TA 210
CH 500
I used the pool calc. to make my adjustments and bring it up to shock level. I am now at
FC 12
PH 7.5
CYA 30
I am getting tons of iron and switching out filters and vaccuming every couple of hours but I still have a green tint to my water (lthough I CAN see the bottom. I would really like to get my sequestrant in but my FC has not gone down at all since Sunday night. My sequestrant reccomends adding it with a FC of 3. Is it normal for the FC to stay so high for so long?

In an outdoor pool, if CYA is really 30, than you should lose more than 50% of your chlorine each sunny day.

Again assuming you have an outdoor pool, something is very wrong with either your CYA measurement or your FC measurement.

You were right... CYA was at 60 (I think I tested last time too soon) and FC is down to a 7 today! My sequestrant says to put it in when FC is a 3 or less. What is your expert opinion? I am at my target FC level based on the Chlorine/CYA chart. Do you think I'm okay? Water is really clear today but still colored and still getting lots of iron on the bottom and in the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.