New Intex Filter for Standard AGP Issue

Jun 4, 2013
This is my first time on the site, just want to say, very informative site. Good work.

Anyways, I bought an Intex 19" sand filter for my 15 x 30 agp. The new inlet valve is larger than my original inlet (I can fit the threaded side of the old one into the new one), But it is just barely too big for the hole in the pool siding maybe 1/4 - 1/2" tops. Is it possible to cut the aluminum siding with a hole saw, or would it be better to get an adapter?
Hope this made sense to someone, not super pool savvy. :p

Thanks. Will get some specifics, or pictures up soon.

Welcome to TFP!

An adapter would probably be better but if you can't find one, aluminum is easy enough to work with. Let's see what some of our other Intex users have to say.

So if I'm understanding your question correctly, you're wanting to either put the Intex threaded strainer connector into a standard inlet hole, or you're trying to adapt the Intex hose and plunger valve to a standard eyeball return? If I got that right, then I would suggest an adapter rather than cutting your pool wall to make the strainer connector fit. Try this one from In The Swim: http://www.intheswim.com/Pool-Accessori ... cessories/. Select the A2656 part. Screw the smaller end into the return (make sure you wrap it with Teflon tape) and then screw the plunger valve onto the larger end. Now connect your Intex hose and pump. Pics below. Did that answer your question or was I way off?

Attachments

• 0605130208.jpg
    0605130208.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 0605130207.jpg
    0605130207.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 0605130206.jpg
    0605130206.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 45
Third picture shows the original outlet. Second picture is the new Intex outlet split, showing the larger thread. First picture shows a difference in size between the new and original inlet. Also, the hoses are bigger, with those threading nuts on each end. My skimmer basket and that original outlet don't have threading. I figured going to Home Depot and fabricating something for it, but that's when I run into issues down the line. I wouldn't mind using the original outlet, would just need to find adapters to fit. I would prefer to do that over cutting a bigger hole into the outside wall. Hope this helps explain the issue more. Thanks everyone for your responses. I'll try to take more photos of different scenarios after work.

Attachments

• Photo0376.jpg
    Photo0376.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Photo0377.jpg
    Photo0377.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Photo0378.jpg
    Photo0378.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 39
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.