Water level very low

Jun 27, 2011
Ontario, Canada
The water level in my still closed pool has dropped significantly. The only thing that has been done this season is water pumped off the cover (by FIL while I was at work); besides a hole being present on the cover, is there any other reason the water level would drop?

I closed the pool and know I did it right.

Thanks.

You have either been pumping the water out from the top of the cover (if there is a hole you are likely draining the pool while doing this)
OR
you have a leak.

No other options really.

Several people have commented that they found lower than expected water levels on opening, and some have noted having a dry and windy spring which might account for increased evaporation rates in their region.

saysomething said:
Thanks for the replies.

I can understand the pump/hole-in-cover scenario, and I'll inspect the cover for a hole.

As for the leak scenario, since level was lowered below returns and lines were blown and sealed, would this mean I have a leak in my liner?

My water was also drained below returns and still lost more...it happens. I believe there is a bucket test you can do for possible leaks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.