Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Deck Alternative

1. Back To Top    #1

Deck Alternative

I've found I need a place to put things while I'm in the pool and I'm not ready to invest in a deck build since we are wanting to move next year. Wondering if any of you may have a workable alternative - a stand that can be next to the pool where I can lay my phones and schedule book and a towel, etc? (I need to not miss calls while I'm out there)
    I'd LOVE a way to have a seat next to the pool where I could just dangle my legs in on days when I don't have the luxury of getting all in too if anyone can think of options for that as well!

It's a long shot - I don't want to invest a lot of money in it because of the move and our yard isn't landscaped or anything at this point - so just functional will work.

That's not too much to ask is it?! lol

thanks y'all!

(I think everything is in my siggy, but it's a 4' Intex Ultra Frame ABG)
    Terre Haute, IN
    18 X 48 Intex Ultra-Frame AG
    Intex Saltwater Generator/sand filtration system

2. Back To Top    #2

Hudsonville, MI

Re: Deck Alternative

You might be able to build a small platform using Deck Block piers for the foundation. You would still have a few hundred dollars into it, but you could take it with you when you move. You will also need to check your local ordinances to see if this kind of construction is acceptable. Google Dek Block to see examples of this type of deck.
    18 x 34 Doughboy AGP
    Hayward sand filter(need to look up the model #)
    1 HP Hayward pump(need to find the model on that too!)

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    Columbia SC

Re: Deck Alternative

I've heard of this DIY decking. Can't find specs on how high it can be elevated but it also might be removable when you leave.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.