Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Outdoor Kitchen - Detached Garage

1. Back To Top    #1

Outdoor Kitchen - Detached Garage

Anyone here seen or have an outdoor kitchen that butts into their detached garage?

I've seen a number of installs where they back it into an exterior brick wall but have not seen any (possibly for good reason) where they butt it up to their detached garage> Our garage has hardi on the side and was wondering if anyone knew if there is some kind of pre-prep required prior to putting it against something like this garage.

11K SWG Freeform IG pool w/ spa; Bluehaven 550 (hayward mfg) Cartridge Filter; Century Centurion 2HP Pump on pool; Hayward 400H heater; Polaris PB4-60 Pump on cleaner; Hayward Super II Pump on waterfall, Hayward TurboCell GLX-Cell-5; AquaLogic PS8, Taylor 2006k
    Pool Chlorinator @ 80%; Filter from 11AM-6PM, Cleaner from 11AM-2PM

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Florida

Re: Outdoor Kitchen - Detached Garage

I always thought that wood fiber was one of the ingredients in that kind of siding, so I would contact Hardie and ask. You don't want to void your warranty.
    Of course, if the heat (grill) was at the far end of the run of 'cabinets', away from the garage, I wouldn't imagine any issues.

But you should have Hardie tell you the distance required, or precautions to take.

Good luck with the project.
    Alan in Wellington, FL - near West Palm Beach
    15,200 gal IG, painted plaster, 1988; 200 SqFt cartridge filter, 2013; 1.5 HP 1-speed pump (uprated), 2005; heat pump, 2005;
    soon to repair (dead) SWG AquaRite T-15 cell, 2005, and replace (dead) suction-side cleaner, 2005.
    Almost everything died this winter 2012-'13, and I know we shouldn't complain... but, Arrgh!