Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy JVA 2440 Won't Stop Spinning

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy JVA 2440 Won't Stop Spinning

I have a pool/spa combo. When the Aqualink RS system is in Auto mode, everything works OK. The program switches from pool mode to spa mode correctly.

When I need to put the system in Service mode (to fill/drain the spa) and switch to Spa Fill or Spa Drain, the valve that controls the return flow spins continuously. I end up having to switch the toggle to get it to stop in the correct position but I'd rather not have to do that.

Any idea what the problem could be? I thought it might be a bad micro switch but why would the system act differently in Service mode vs. Auto?

Any input is greatly appreciated.
    35,000 Gallon Gunite Pool/Spa
    Jandy DEL60 DE Filter
    Jandy AquaPure SWG
    2 Pool Skimmer / 1 Spa Skimmer
    Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Jandy JVA 2440 Won't Stop Spinning

That has to be a broken micro-switch or a broken cam (that engages the micro-switch). I can't explain why it might work in auto mode, but there is no way for the controller to make the actuator spin all the way around unless it is broken.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School