Best ways to weigh down pool ladders???

If u have a auto food saver ( sold at walmart, sams frys) they use sturdy plastic bags and auto vac seal it while sucking out ant air to keep food from freezer burn etc. Get the largest sized bags seal there sides with the heat seal option then fill with sand then seal the final side its 109% waterproof tben u can weigh it down by tying it securly to the bottom of your ladder works like a charm. It always works great if u r using one of those over the side skim baskets they hang by a flat piece of metal that goes over the rail. They have a terrible tendency of bobbing up and down and therefore spilling whats in it. Two options there 1. Same thing use smaller bag place sand yet before u seal the final side add a sturdy piece of string or fishing wire works great seal the bag with 1 inch of string inside and as much as u need outside to tie to the floating skimmer. 2. Can use smaller bag first tie fishing wire to a small fishing weight ( fisberman using them to weigh down the bait) this is easy to do because the weight has a hole already in it for this exact purpose make the bag just big enough to fit the weight seal three sides first leave enough fishing wire out of bag to tie to basket then seal the last side with wire sticking out. ( since fishi g wire can melt cover the bit u want outside the basket with a tripled up papertowel so tge outside wire wont melt. The part that isinside willmelt right where it makes its heat seal that makes the conne tion inside the Bag great and perm. The weight is metal which is y u want to seal it the chemicals from the pool will cause it to rust. Married to a avid fisherman ave beach house in nags head nc,so i know all about the weights. Dont leave to much wiring hanging from basket put it maybe three inches hanging get someone to tie a nice fishermans salt water not stream knot. Good luck hopes it helps...product is called A food saver. Plus they r great for keeping your foid fresh long time

I filled my empty bleach bottles with quickcrete and let them set open for a couple days to dry out and harden/put cap on & zip-tied them by the jug handle to underside of stairs (i have slats on side that zipties worked great on. Worked great for me! Can cut zipties and remove at end of season to lift stairs out if needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.