Black Stains All around Wall of Vinyl Pool Long Beach NY

jml475

Jun 4, 2013
I have a 16x32 Vinyl pool approx 18000 Gallon Salt Generator. When i opened the pool it had dirt a leaves at bottom and pool was green shock and filtering cleared the pool up in a couple of days. But I have blackish green stain all a\the bottom 1.5 foot of the wall of the pool completly the floor is not stained at all. When i put a vitimin c tablet on it it did nothing but with a piece of chlorine it worked. What suggestion to get rid of the stain.
An additional problem I have is High hardness level I dropped 50% of the pool and it is still high any suggestions.

FC 1.0 PH 7.2 TA 80 CA 50 I ran out of my test solution for hardness but my strip test indicates its near 1000 water is clear.
I emptied 50% of the pool and did not seem to have much of an effect on total Hardness . So your suggestion is to keep FC at around 3 and the stain should lighten? What should I do about the hardness issue? I tested my tap water with a strip and it indicates very low. Should I dump more water?

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!! :wave:

Please read Pool School and learn about the chemistry.

According to this FC/CYA chart, for a CYA of 50ppm (that is what you meant by CA right?) the MINIMUM FC level that you should ever allow is 4ppm. Bama suggestions was to hold it up around 6-8ppm to lighten organic staining.

Why dump more water when you can not accurately test yet?

Which kit do you have? Is it one of the Recommended Test Kits?

I have a no name kit I picked up at a local pool shop. I will order the TF-100 as suggested. I will increase my FC level as suggested and wait until I get a more accurate reading on harndess before I dump more water. Thanks for your help I will keep you posted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.