After Vacuuming, filter shoots dirt back into pool

Mb9375

Jun 4, 2013
I use a regular sand filter on a 15' round AG pool. I noticed last year that some times I was getting dirt filtered back into my pool thru the return, enough to completely "fog" the clear water. This year at opening time I purchased Zeo Sand to replace the media and on start up my perfectly clear pool is now so cloudy you cant see the bottom! I followed all the directions on how to change the sand, everything is hooked up properly....so WHY! Please, any help would be appreciated.

I don't know that I have the answer, as I still have dirt clouds in my pool after a few years of struggle. I have tried a lot of things, adding DE to the filter, attaching a sock to the return, and they all seem to help to varying degrees. The quickest suggestion I tried, was vacuuming the cloud to waste, that gets it out of the pool and out of the pool plumbing.

Let the cloud settle overnight and then vacuum it out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.