Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: intex ultra frame pool 18x52

1. Back To Top    #1

intex ultra frame pool 18x52

i have an intex ultra frame pool 18x52 just filling it up and noticed that the top part of the legs bend in is this a problem? need answer asap if possible.
    Intex Ultra-Frame 26x52 AGP (14,650 gal.)
    Intex Pump & Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: intex ultra frame pool 18x52

It sounds normal to me, but a picture would help greatly in figuring if it's normal and will straighten up as it fills or if there's a problem.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Ours slightly bend in at the top but its nothing major, just a slight inward curvature.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

4. Back To Top    #4

cant seem to put picture on the file here seems it to big to post

worried because not sure how mush bend should be on the top of legs.
    Should the bottom part of the leg be 100% level or not?
    When i had them completely level they seem to press up on the liner and i read that they should just rest on the liner but not be pressured on the liner

what should be done

need answer asap Please
    Intex Pump & Filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I have 22x52 mine slightly curve as well just walk around make sure all the white things are through the holes on top and side rails some curve seems normal enjoy and people here are awesome wouldn't have gotten mine up without their help

6. Back To Top    #6

Just wondering Should the legs on a 18x52 intex pool be 100%level when full this being checked with a level And if the legs are 100%level will the middle strap tighten on its own as there seems to be a lot of slack on it when they are just empting the pool to retry first time got about half way full and middle strap did not tighten and should legs move around to adjust water weight worried please advise
    Intex Pump & Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

I found that also legs when completely level press up against liner causing a bit of a ballooning effect is this a problem

Please advise ASAP
    Intex Pump & Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

The legs should be level. As it fills it will balloon the wall out a little and tighten the middle strap some.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

I just filled my new Intex 18x52 Ultra last weekend. The top of my legs bow outward just a little where the top "T" connects to the legs. This appears to be normal.

It was important to get the liner centered between the legs before filling so that the liner would not press too much against one side, while not even touching the opposite side. Does this make sense? I had to tug the bottom of the liner around until I was sure that it was close to laying in the center of the circle of legs.

I also took a 2' level and made sure all the legs were level from side-to-side and front-to-back before centering the liner. Then, I kept checking the legs as the pool filled because they did move a little.

Lastly, I was not a fanatic about the legs being perfectly straight up and down (level). As the pool filled I could see the 1 or 2 legs were still pushing into the liner too much so I just moved them out a little.

In the end all of the legs are touching but not pressing into the filled liner. I also have a gap between the liner and the legs for the top 20" or so. This seems to be normal as I have looked at others pictures and observed the same thing.

Good luck and enjoy your new pool !

Jim
    18'x 52" Intex Ultra Frame AG pool
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit
    BBB method for four seasons
    Former 18' Easy Set owner

10. Back To Top    #10

so in the end tottom he legs of this pool should be level top to bottom and side to side with a wrinkle free bottom correct? i am also using a strap on bottom of legs i forget what the strap is called .

is all of this correct please advise
    Intex Pump & Filter

11. Back To Top    #11

Sounds like you have the right idea.

Legs level (left-right & in-out)
    Liner centered as good as possible inside the legs
    Bottom of legs tucked inside rope (if your pool came with one)
    Pull the wrinkles out before filling, and again while the pool is first filled

Enjoy!
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Will the middle strap tighten then
    Intex Pump & Filter

13. Back To Top    #13

Yes definitely. Then just above the white strap the liner will not touch the legs. At least that's what mine did.
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit

14. Back To Top    #14

Problem is when I level the legs the legs just touch the liner
    Intex Pump & Filter

15. Back To Top    #15

The legs on my 16' ultra frame touch the liner, even push in on it a little bit. Seems normal... Like it was mentioned, the leg touches the liner until just above the white strap, then there is a gap.

Legs are straight up and down, no bending anywhere.
    16x36 IG vinyl with Hayward S244T Sand filter, 1.5HP Jacuzzi Magnum Force, Polaris 380 Cleaner with booster pump

16. Back To Top    #16

Sounds OK to me. After all it is a giant bag full of water. It has to press up against the legs for support. I was just warning about the legs being excessively pushed in.

I just looked at mine now after it has been swam in a bunch of times this week and settled in. Each leg is pushing in on the liner slightly. I agree with dccordell, this seems normal.
    7100 gallons
    1600 Intex sand filter
    TF-100 test kit

17. Back To Top    #17

Not to be a complete snob, but I believe the correct term is plumb, which is the vertical version of "level" I just put up our 18'x48" and was thrown by the fact that it did not come with a bottom rope. Some had suggested to me to use 1" ratcheting strap/s all the way around if the legs want to start splaying outward.
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

18. Back To Top    #18

That is what I have on mine a ratcheting strap on the legs is this a bad thing?
    Intex Pump & Filter

19. Back To Top    #19

Can anyone tell me if a 3 inch rachet strap be used at bottom of legs be used to hold legs instead of rope
    Need help asap
    Intex Pump & Filter

20. Back To Top    #20

Is there anyone that can tell be step by step on how to build a fountain for the pool out if PVC piping
    Intex Pump & Filter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast