Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG question

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG question

Hello,
    I am new here this is my second year of opening my AG pool. I recently converted to a SWG and have a potential silly question. We have been running our SWG for the past 5 days and have noticed that near the end of its time cycle we are unable to see the chlorine being generated anymore. So my question is; is this normal, and why?

Thank you for any help.
    6k gal, AG 18ftx48in intex ultra frame, cartridge, SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG question

Welcome to TFP!

I imagine you have the percentage setting set below 100%. That means the unit turns off some percentage of the time so it can be on the percentage of the time you have configured it for.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for your response. Although I am slightly confused, as I don't have the ability to configure that percentage at least not that I know of. I have the Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater system if that helps.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ah, they don't work on a percentage setting, but the same idea still applies. You set up the Intex unit for a specific length of time and them they turn off. Chances are it's concept of how long that time is and your concept are a little different, or to put it another way, they don't use a particularly accurate timer.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Oh. Ok. So should I extend the time I run it so that I get the optimal amount of chlorine?