Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: When do you add bleach? evenings?

1. Back To Top    #1

When do you add bleach? evenings?

I think I read that most of you test and add the bleach in the evening each day. How long do you have to keep the pump on after that? In the past we have set the timers to run the pool during the day so now I am thinking of changing the timing.
    NJ
    35,000 gallons, DE filter, IG plaster
    TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: When do you add bleach? evenings?

Run it for 30 minutes to an hour and you're good to go.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

I suppose you can add bleach any time of day. I add mine in the evenings when I'm working because it's easier for me. I add it in the morning on weekends and when I'm off work.
    AG 18' X 52" Round Pacifica Pool w/ Metal Diamond Unibead Liner. Installed in March 2007.
    2.5 HP Baquapure 2 Speed Pump, 200 GPM Waterway ProClean Cartridge Filter System.

Former Baquacil user
    Converted to BBB in Fall of 2009 - Now I have a truly trouble free pool!

4. Back To Top    #4

I have mine set to inject when the pool pump starts in the morning...for 1hr then shuts off, then the pump shuts down after a 5hr run,then off for a couple Hrs , then restarts in early afternoon for another 5hr runtime and the 2nd 1hr injection...works for me so far... But been contemplating running once during the mid morn/early afternoon then the second time at night??
    Curious what other folks are doing...

24,000 Gallon Vinyl Grecian IG,Triton2 Sand Filter / Pentair Super Flo 1 HP Dual Speed Pump ,
    Stenner Peristaltic Pump Injection w/15 gal drum,Stubbed up supply/return for future solar panels :)
    TF100 Rocks !! Pool School....

5. Back To Top    #5

I run 7-10AM for skimmer action to clear the surface and 7-10pm to give me circulation after chem dosing (usually between 7 and 9). Seems to work. I like having the highest ppm of bleach during the night so that it can work away before the sun starts to erode it the next day. At least, that's my theory. We always dosed at night during the pre-CYA era so it is sort of ingrained.
    Current: 28,000G 18'x36' I/G AnthonySylvan Plaster; Waterway 60 sq.ft. DE Filter; 1.0hp x 1.65 SF Two-Speed (B2982) WhisperFlo; 2004-Present
    Previous: 40,000G 20'x40' I/G Koven unlined WWII salvage 5/8" marine steel; Lomart Stainless Sand Filter; 3/4hp Hayward SuperPump; 1946-2003 (managed by me from about 1964)
    Ancient Taylor K-2000, upgraded with Taylor CH, TA, and FAS-DPD, and TFT CYA tests.

6. Back To Top    #6

I add bleach in the early evening, ideally as soon as the sun is no longer hitting any part of the pool. I run the pump for about 30 minutes after dosing.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

7. Back To Top    #7

Evening, I run the pump probably 22 hours a day, convenience is the only reason I don't run it less.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]