Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Fencing for AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Fencing for AGP

We recently put in a 24 ft AGP. The way our yard is, we need fencing to go ON the pool.
    I want to know what brand of fencing that attaches to the pool is the most reliable. I have only read reviews on "GLI" and "Vinyl Works". Neither company had stellar reviews. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    24,000 gal. / IG / DE / Vinyl
    Pentair FNS Plus, 120 GPM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Fencing for AGP

I can't make a recommendation but there are a few threads that have discussions about on the pool fencing.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Dave,
    I was searching for fencing, and couldn't find any threads that fit what I was looking for.
    Thanks,
    Nicole

4. Back To Top    #4

We're upgrading to a perm AGP this year and right now we're looking at the Splash fencing from Pool Supply World.

I did see some product reviews on amazon... I imagine it's tough to manufacture a universal pool fence without requiring cutting, and that seems to be the biggest complaint.
    BBB/TFP/Taylor K-2006 Evangelist!
    6/13 - Installed AG Sharkline Heritage 21'x54" 11K gallons. Hayward 1660s sand filter, Hayward single-speed 1 hp pump; city water. Husband builds, I maintain.
    5/11 - Starter pool 6000-gallon Intex Ultra 16'x48" AG with standard 1500 gph 1/3 hp cartridge filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

I called 2 of our local pool supply companies and they both sell the GLI brand for about $30 a section.

6. Back To Top    #6

I just called a distributor and they told me to double-check with GLI that their fencing would fit our pool; even though they say it's universal fencing, it really isn't.

So I called GLI and the CS rep indicated that the mounting surface for the uprights must be flat, not rounded, or their fencing won't work on our pool.
    6/13 - Installed AG Sharkline Heritage 21'x54" 11K gallons. Hayward 1660s sand filter, Hayward single-speed 1 hp pump; city water. Husband builds, I maintain.
    5/11 - Starter pool 6000-gallon Intex Ultra 16'x48" AG with standard 1500 gph 1/3 hp cartridge filter.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks. We ended up getting the GLI fencing. My husband put it up by himself in one day. He did need to cut each piece, but it does what we need it to do.

8. Back To Top    #8

Excellent! Which pool model do you have? (Can't see signatures in tapatalk)