How Level is level?

ryanb

Jun 3, 2013
Hello Everyone,

For the past two years I've had an inflatable ring (14'x42") intex pool which was on dirt that I won't say was "perfectly" level although it's NOT terrible. We just had to fill it a bit lower, but it lasted for 2 seasons. The only reason we don't have it is because the sun baked the plastic into a crunchy texture.

2 months ago we had a 4"+ thick (with rebar) stamped concrete pad poured in the place we've had the pool. This way it can function as an extra patio in the winter months. I would certainly say that it is "more" level now but there's still a slight slope to it.

I'm looking at buying an ultra frame (14x48") but I'm curious how they can handle the slight level issues as compared to the inflatable ring type. I can certainly use pavers to level but I couldn't tell if the pavers were being used only to prevent sinking in dirt or if they can also offset level issues.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sorry for the delay, I had never really measured it. It is about 1/2" give or take over 8'. It's little hard to measure because it's stamped concrete in a slate pattern which changes elevation slightly.

There's one section in back corner at the highest part that goes up more than the rest but because it's in a corner the round pool won't be affected by most of it. I'll certainly try to place the pool as far from that section as as possible.

I've attached a quick layout (not at all to scale). The blue part is the pool, the red part is the upper sloped problem area. The arrows show the direction of the slope is. As you can see it goes in multiple directions which I imagine might help as it's not focusing all of the weight to one part of the pool.

Thanks again...

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 113
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.