What do i do?

Mar 24, 2013
18x52 round intex pool with swg

Filled pool sunday added 175 lbs of salt 1.7 lbs of cya in a sock.Have run the swg a filter for 2 days now. 3 hours for the swg and 6 hours for the filter.

here are my test results today.
FC .5
PH 7.2
alkalinity 80
Hardness 120
CYA 0

i am using a hth test kit.

please help

The intex pool book says to add 1.7 lbs so i put it in a sock but it dosent seem to be dissolving very quick. I just moved the sock in front of the water jet today to help dissolve it. Im not quite sure how much bleach to add. This might sound stupid but the pool calculator is kinda confusing. Do i want my FC level at 4? And the hth test kit says chlorine/bromine test is that the same as FC?

You can use the pool calculator in pool school to get the number of gallons for your pool size. Then put that # of gallons in at the top. Then punch in 0 for FC starting point and 4 as your target and let it calulate how much to add of 8.25% bleach, which you'll have to put in the calculator manually as it has not been updated for the new %. Gallon or so is a good guess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.