Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I think I found the problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Riverside, CA

I think I found the problem

My Chlorine has been disappearing quickly over the last couple weeks. All the other levels are ok and I added CYA to about 50.

I think I cleaned the filter in March. The PB thought I would only need to clean the filters 2 times a year. I figured I'd check it out today and see how they looked.

Well, thats not right...

I cleaned the off with the hose

I plan to shock the pool starting tonight. Is there any way to identify if this is Mustard Algae? The FC level before cleaning the filters was 3.5 and there is no visible algae bloom in the pool.

Is there a product I should use on the filters? And a cleaning schedule?

40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: I think I found the problem

There is an article in the further reading section of Pool School on cleaning cartridge filters.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW PA

Re: I think I found the problem

I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter