Post Balancing after Algae fight is driving me nuts.

Hi All,
I followed the instructions to kill off the algae in my pool. Very successful.

After 3 days the pool is very clear, looks great.

My test numbers are making my head spin...

(k-2006)
FC 7.0 - This is expected as FC was very high to fight Algae
CC < .5
Ph 7.0 - This is low, so I know I need to raise it
Alk 140 - This is high so I know I need to lower it
CYA 0 - This is very low, so I know I need to raise it

I read all the pool school articles. I am just not sure what my priority should be with these numbers.

Using the pool calculator I could put Ph down in to lower my Alk to 120, but this would lower Ph too, I need to raise my Ph.
I don't have a steady Ph raise, nor high calcium so maybe lowering Alk of 140 shouldn't be my priority.

I need to raise CYA, maybe using dichlor over 4 days as pool school suggests.
I have some trichlor tabs on hand (2) It may take longer but maybe just adding them to a floater will help.
The pool gets direct sunlight about 4 hrs a day, and I use a solar cover.

Thanks in advance
Phil

You should raise your CYA level fairly quickly. Right now you are losing chlorine fairly rapidly to sunlight, and you want that to stop soon.

You should probably raise the PH just a little. The PH will drift up on it's own, so long term you will be fine. However, raising CYA will lower PH and you are already a little too low, so raise PH to 7.2 or perhaps 7.4. After that let it come up the rest of the way on it's own.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.