Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pentair dynamo motor siezed

1. Back To Top    #1

pentair dynamo motor siezed

Hey had a guy from a reputable co called we fix ugly pools come out today to install my pump and filter. He laid it on ground attached wires with some yellow clips attached the gfv or gfi box forget what its caled turned it out with no water running through it to test it and told me the motor is siezed up. Called guybi bought it from who insists its worked fine day he sold it to me. What do u guys think? I dont know anything but to test it should it have been connected to the pool and filter before testing the motor or can he have done it the way he did and have found the motor to be siezed?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pentair dynamo motor siezed

Can you turn the impeller by hand?
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: pentair dynamo motor siezed

He took it to his tech guy...told them dont fix a thing without talking to me first...it would help if u could explain what u mean and the if he can turn it....or if he cant...what does that tell us the more knowledge i have the better chance of not being ripped off. Pentair said if it was set on a timer, or not grounded, or wires hooked wrong all could explain it. So u can test the pumps without running water through them or priming them? Such a newbie but i listen and learn quick