some pointers please BORAX & POOL PILOT

hey guys, first year with TFP and already loving the results. Few questions, but first my readings are:

SWG (POOL PILOT)
40K GALLON POOL
fc 2
ph 8.2
ta 140
cya 40
ch 340
borate test i got an 80 reading

1) added the borax last week and just tested. i got a high reading on the TA and a high reading on the PH. CYA IS ALSO LOW SHOULD I WORK ON RAISING THAT TO?

2) POOL PILOT IS PURIFYING at 54 % FOR 8 HOURS A DAY. IS THAT OK? SHOULD I LOWER OR RAISE THE PURIFIER.

3) Can someone clarify the process of aerating a pool and when you would have to do so. I recently purchased hydrobreeze pool cooler would this work for aerating?

http://www.mistcooling.com/media/catalog/category/pool-mister-lifestyle_banner_web.png

thanks for all the help guys!!

The important things are first, get the PH down to around 7.2 as soon as practical. Second work on raising the CYA level up to between 70 and 80.

Adjust the percentage setting based on your FC level in the early evening. If FC is too low, raise the percentage. If FC is too high, lower the percentage.

The SWG will probably provide enough aeration. The crucial step is to lower PH to 7.2 any time it gets up to 7.8.

wesley1769 said:
hey guys, first year with TFP and already loving the results. Few questions, but first my readings are:

SWG (POOL PILOT)
40K GALLON POOL
fc 2
ph 8.2
ta 140
cya 40
ch 340
borate test i got an 80 reading

1) added the borax last week and just tested. i got a high reading on the TA and a high reading on the PH. CYA IS ALSO LOW SHOULD I WORK ON RAISING THAT TO?

2) POOL PILOT IS AT PURIFYING AT 54 % FOR 8 HOURS A DAY. IS THAT OK? SHOULD I LOWER OR RAISE THE PURIFIER. IF I AM GETTING A READING OF 2 FOR THE FC

3) Can someone clarify the process of aerating a pool and when you would have to do so. I recently purchased hydrobreeze pool cooler would this work for aerating?

http://www.mistcooling.com/media/catalog/category/pool-mister-lifestyle_banner_web.png

thanks for all the help guys!!
You need acid to lower the pH. That will have some effect on TA, but it will be slow going with the borates in there. CYA also needs to come up to about 70.

Right now the FC is a little low, so I'd turn the SWG up but as the CYA level rises, it should be able to keep up with the demand and then you can turn it down. If you test FC daily and keep tabs on it, you'll get it dialed in fairly quickly.

That pool cooler should work great for aeration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.