Filled pool, ordered test kit, going out of town for a few

nate81

May 20, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Filled my pool with well water and didn't realize having a very low pH could damage the liner...I will be away for a few days will the pool take damage in this short amount of time? I'm in the process of ordering a test kit so I havent been able to calculate how much bleach, borax, or baking soda to add to keep me safe until i return.

I filled from a shallow bored well, and the water is brown to sight. I was thinking of running the sand filter tonight to maybe clean some of the dirtiness out of the water.

I have been reading pool school, but its not making a lot of sense. It is slowly sinking in....

Re: Filled pool, ordered test kit, going out of town for a f

It came with a few test 'strips'....and i dipped em in the water...they say its low, if i read it correctly.

It says adding sequestrants binds to the metals...will that then allow me to filter them out?

I put some of the well water in a 5 gallon bucket so i could add some bleach to see if it turned the water colors (from my understanding, it woudl turn cloudy/discolor if we had metals in it)....the problem is....the water comes out of the hose already brown and cloudy. So maybe i just have dirty water? Its a shallow well....i tied some weights to a string this weekend and determined my well is about 20-25' deep.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.