Intex Sand Pump w/ Salt Filter problem

Jun 3, 2013
I recently purchased an intex sand pump with salt (#56681). It is the pump with 2650 gph. After having it filtering for 2 days with salt on, i noticed my copper electrode (part #24 on the reference diagram) is turning black. Has anyone experienced this? i do have hard water, could that be causing this? And should i clean it?

Welcome to tfp, NJIntexNaCl :wave:

We recommend that you unplug the copper electrode, since it puts you at risk for stains and can turn blond hair green. Just unplug the wire going to it.

Also, for others reading this, I recommend not getting the combined swg/filter/pump system since they never fail at the same time.

I should not cause errors to unplug the copper (I have the stand alone intex swg and it works great with the copper disconnected) and the saltwater system (saltwater chlorine generater or swg) will still make chlorine...which is what you need (not copper).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.