first day of BBB

May 30, 2013
Springfield, Mo
I got my TF100 just now. had drained 65% of water over weekend, refilled. ran pump most of weekend
water is beautiful of course!
numbers:

FC = 0
CC = <.5
TA = 170
PH = 7.2
CYA = 20 (was 111)

i added 80 oz of 12% liquid chlorine just now.
will re check FC levels in an hour. shooting for 4ppm FC

I guess not worry with TA just yet?
did not mess with CH yet, its vinyl anyway.
:goodjob: :goodjob:

any words of wisdom this early in the game??

Linen: the CYA was done at pool store friday, had no option as I was draining it. was 111 by their test, I just tested with TF100 to get the 20 ppm.
I know I am light on CYA now. how would you add more? dry w/sock or?
just tested it at about 1 ppm on FC. I think I will shock it since CC is not zero, i feel something is lurking in there myself.

water is great, here is pic :whoot:

Attachments

• poolbbb1.jpg
    poolbbb1.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 48
Yours is a great example where waiting for the kit may have paid off...since your cya was likely ~ 60 ppm then and you might have been fine without the drain/refill...oh well live and learn :)

As to adding more back, I would do the OCLT that jbliz mentioned first, then if you pass (and if your CC<0.5), bring it up to the tfp recommended level of 30-50 ppm cya.

Pool does look good, but don't let that fool you...it can and that is why there are three end of shocking criteria to be passed simultaneously.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.