Allen, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Ok so we have a white plaster finish now that needs replaced. Our pool gets tons of sun, hits 93-94 degrees when we get a string of 100degree days.

My question is, would a light blue like wet edge Luna quartz pacific or Tahoe make the pool get much warmer in the summer?

If you are in my area, what color finish do you have and how hot does your pool get in the hottest part of summer?

FYI, You can cool any pool using homemade aerators by diverting the return water up into the air ... lots of threads if you search for them.
Or running through solar heaters at night.

Unless you went with a very dark color, I doubt the temperature difference would be noticeable ... although white should be the coolest.

jblizzle said:
FYI, You can cool any pool using homemade aerators by diverting the return water up into the air ... lots of threads if you search for them.
Or running through solar heaters at night.

Unless you went with a very dark color, I doubt the temperature difference would be noticeable ... although white should be the coolest.

Thanks, I have seen some of those aerators before. I wonder what kind of water loss there is because of them, I would guess the cooling effect is due to evaporation.

I really like the pacific or tahoe blues in the wet edge luna quartz lines hope someone can chime in on what their water temps average during the hottest parts of the Dallas summer.

We went with Wetedge Satin Matrix pebble in Northshore Tahoe. I haven't noticed my pool getting any warmer but this has been a pretty cool summer by Texas standards. We certainly haven't had a lot of sustained hot temperatures. I haven't seen my temps go over 90 this summer. We have some trees that have grown and are shading the pool more so that is impacting temps. In the end you should go with what ever color you like, I don't think the color will make that big of an impact.

Just saw this thread....I'm in Allen also.

Our pool was installed in 2006, during a blazing hot summer (and a bad drought that year, which has only gotten worse).

Our pool is Riverbend Sandler's version of Pebbletec ("Riversand") and is a Tahoe blue. I do notice it picking up some heat, but my pool is small (16k gallons). A few years ago, during a really hot stretch in August, our pool would hit 94 degrees in the afternoon. However, I'm pretty sure alot of pools were getting hot that year (50+ days of 100+).

This year my pool has hit 89 so far, but I run it in the very early morning to cool it each day. I have no complaints.

Just saw this thread....I'm in Allen also.

Our pool was installed in 2006, during a blazing hot summer (and a bad drought that year, which has only gotten worse).

Our pool is Riverbend Sandler's version of Pebbletec ("Riversand") and is a Tahoe blue. I do notice it picking up some heat, but my pool is small (16k gallons). A few years ago, during a really hot stretch in August, our pool would hit 94 degrees in the afternoon. However, I'm pretty sure alot of pools were getting hot that year (50+ days of 100+).

This year my pool has hit 89 so far, but I run it in the very early morning to cool it each day. I have no complaints.

My pool was white and that summer with the 60 100 degree days in a row resulted in a high water temp of about 94 as well. So this again leads me to say that pool color doesn't have a huge influence in temp and people should pick what ever color they really enjoy looking at.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.