recommendations for leaf catcher lots of bugs

wildwilly1 said:
poolskim 100%
A PoolSkim http://www.poolskim.com/ isn't anything like either of those Hayward gadgets.
  • *The PoolSkim lives in the pool and works autonomously, kind of like a through-the-wall skimmer.
    *The Hayward leaf canisters plug into the vacuum line and are used while you manually vacuum.

The Hayward leaf cans are great for what they are. I got mine last year and I wish I had bought long ago! It traps lots of debris that used to go through to my filter where it wasn't trapped effectively. I used to have to vac to waste. Now I can vac while on filter w/out dirty water coming right back into the pool.

I think I am going to get a PoolSkim to control the number of bees that float on the surface of the pool. I have learned the hard way that not all the bees on the surface..are dead. They sting when you scoop them out with your hand.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
buckhunter835 said:
I went to order the poolskim, will not work on intek pools.
Note: The PoolSkim is not compatible with Intex pool fittings.
I guess i will have to order something else?

You're not going to give up that easily, are you?! If I decide to go the PoolSkim route (just learned of it today) I'll have to figure out some way to adapt it to my Intex fittings. :wink:

One option is to change the pool's fittings to a standard AG return fitting. Once you do this, you can use standard hoses. If you add adapters to your pump or hoses, you use the Intex pump until you are ready to upgrade.

If you also change/add the skimmer to standard AG skimmer, you can use standard AG pump and filter. Some people have done this, search the forums if it interests you. I saw a Hayward skimmer on Amazon for $27 that included the full skimmer body/frame/... and the return fittings.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.