Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: recommendations for leaf catcher lots of bugs

1. Back To Top    #1

recommendations for leaf catcher lots of bugs

I want to purchase a leaf catcher with sock any suggestions.
    I was looking at Hayward W530 Large Capacity Leaf Canister with Mesh Bag Replacement for Hayward Pool
    or Hayward w560 Navigator/Pool Vac Standard Leaf Canister
    Thanks
    Open to all brands.
    30,000 gallon pool/spa/infinity edge/sun deck, 9 1/2 FT. Deep, 25' x 47', Wet Edge Prism Matrix Eclipse, Pentair Easytouch 8SC-IC40, 2- 3hp Intelliflo Variable pumps, 3- Intellibrite 5g led lights, 1- Intellibrite 5g led spa light, 1- Intellibrite 5g led spa light Infinity trough, 2- Jandy pro Led Lights for Sun deck, Pentair TR140 Sand filter, Screen Logic Bundle, SR400HD MAX-E-THERM HEATER 400k BTU Cupro Nickle, 2 HP Blower,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: recommendations for leaf catcher lots of bugs

poolskim 100%
    15x30x54 AG,2HP2SP PUMP 400LB SAND FILTER

3. Back To Top    #3

Will this work on a intek a.g. pool, or do i need to purchase adapters/fittings and does it work on small bugs
    30,000 gallon pool/spa/infinity edge/sun deck, 9 1/2 FT. Deep, 25' x 47', Wet Edge Prism Matrix Eclipse, Pentair Easytouch 8SC-IC40, 2- 3hp Intelliflo Variable pumps, 3- Intellibrite 5g led lights, 1- Intellibrite 5g led spa light, 1- Intellibrite 5g led spa light Infinity trough, 2- Jandy pro Led Lights for Sun deck, Pentair TR140 Sand filter, Screen Logic Bundle, SR400HD MAX-E-THERM HEATER 400k BTU Cupro Nickle, 2 HP Blower,

4. Back To Top    #4

not sure i would just google it and talk to the company
    15x30x54 AG,2HP2SP PUMP 400LB SAND FILTER

5. Back To Top    #5

OK THANK YOU FOR THE RECOMMENDATION

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by wildwilly1
    poolskim 100%
    A PoolSkim http://www.poolskim.com/ isn't anything like either of those Hayward gadgets.
    • *The PoolSkim lives in the pool and works autonomously, kind of like a through-the-wall skimmer.
      *The Hayward leaf canisters plug into the vacuum line and are used while you manually vacuum.

The Hayward leaf cans are great for what they are. I got mine last year and I wish I had bought long ago! It traps lots of debris that used to go through to my filter where it wasn't trapped effectively. I used to have to vac to waste. Now I can vac while on filter w/out dirty water coming right back into the pool.
    36K gallon 42X22 gunite/plaster kidney-shaped IG;
    1 hp Hayward Super Pump (new in 2012);
    Hayward S244T sand filter w/ Zeosand (both new in 2009);
    175K BTU LAARS Lite2 LG natural gas heater; Polaris 380;
    TF-100 test kit.

7. Back To Top    #7

I bought a Hayward W530 Large Capacity Leaf Canister this year and I really like it.
    16x32 I.G. Vinyl, Hayward Pro High-Rate Sand S220T, Vari-Flo XL Valve, Hayward Super Pump 1Hp , Great White cleaner, Hayward W530 Leaf Canister, TF100, Pool Skim.

8. Back To Top    #8

I think I am going to get a PoolSkim to control the number of bees that float on the surface of the pool. I have learned the hard way that not all the bees on the surface..are dead. They sting when you scoop them out with your hand.
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

9. Back To Top    #9

I went to order the poolskim, will not work on intek pools.
    Note: The PoolSkim is not compatible with Intex pool fittings.
    I guess i will have to order something else?

10. Back To Top    #10

I bought a Hayward W530 Large Capacity Leaf Canister.
    Thank you everyone who replied.
    john

11. Back To Top    #11

I ordered up a PoolSkim, see my thread for follow-up
    -- Guy --
    10K gallons in 21' Round 52 inch wall Aqualeader AG, Hayward Power Flow LX 1.5 HP pump motor, Hayward Perflex EC50AC DE filter w/Cellulose, Wide mouth skimmer, 2013 new Diver Dan (craigslist) to replace the faded old Hayward AquaBug. TF-100

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by buckhunter835
    I went to order the poolskim, will not work on intek pools.
    Note: The PoolSkim is not compatible with Intex pool fittings.
    I guess i will have to order something else?
    You're not going to give up that easily, are you?! If I decide to go the PoolSkim route (just learned of it today) I'll have to figure out some way to adapt it to my Intex fittings.
    18'x4' AG Intex Ultra Frame, 6,700 gal., assembled new 2013; Mods: Hayward EC50C90 Perflex filter & 1 h.p. PowerFlo Matrix pump, Fiber Clear cellulose D.E. substitute, Hayward H100ID1 100,000 BTU NG heater, a pair of 2'x20' Sungrabber solar heaters via the original Intex 635T pump, grey Hydro Tools through-the-wall skimmer, Confer steps/ladder system & Cover Free chemical pool cover. The Summer of Mods!

13. Back To Top    #13

One option is to change the pool's fittings to a standard AG return fitting. Once you do this, you can use standard hoses. If you add adapters to your pump or hoses, you use the Intex pump until you are ready to upgrade.

If you also change/add the skimmer to standard AG skimmer, you can use standard AG pump and filter. Some people have done this, search the forums if it interests you. I saw a Hayward skimmer on Amazon for $27 that included the full skimmer body/frame/... and the return fittings.
    -- Guy --