Levels are great but 24' round Ionized pool still cloudy

Jun 3, 2013
I have a 24 foot Blue World ionized pool that is "supposed" to be chemical free. Only used for 3 months last summer. After opening pool, We were supposed to only have to put 8 gallons of chlorox bleach in the pool to clear it. The pool water turned from green to cloudy blue. Since that time, we have spent over 120 dollars on chemicals and the water is STILL cloudy. We have a vaccuum for the pool that we have run for days. Does anyone have any suggestions. It has been about 3 weeks since opening the pool.

Welcome to the forum. :lol: You will find ionizers are of little value in an outdoor pool. You really need to keep chlorine in the pool for residual protection.

I am also pretty sure you need to shock your pool, but I can't tell unless you can help us with a complete set of test results.

If you want to learn what we teach, (ionizers will not be included), read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School to get started.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.