INTERMATIC TIMER HOOKUP?

Apr 24, 2013
can someone please explain to me how to wire an intermatic timer to my pool pump i currently have a 2 speed pump that i run on low 90% of the time just looking to put a timer on it so i dont have to manually turn it on and off. the pump now currently plugs in to a gfci plug.

The wiring details are easy, yet so different depending on your exact details. If you go to INTERMATIC web site and search for their pool timers, you will get many examples of exactly how to wire.

My is electric vs. mechanical, so not sure I can help.

not sure where to put it i would like to find one that i can just plug in to my gfci plug i have now and then plug the pump into it but all i can find are 15amp and i need a 20 amp anybody seen one?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
pump is 120 , 20 amp . i see what u say about the plug and receptacle but would i not have to wire the timer to plug into the gfci receptacle i already have then rewire the pump into the timer would this not void the warranty on the pump.

What I was thinking was that you'd wire a plug into the power side of it to plug it into the gfci and then you'd wire a single receptacle into the relay side to plug the pump into. That way you really wouldn't change anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.