Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: INTERMATIC TIMER HOOKUP?

1. Back To Top    #1

INTERMATIC TIMER HOOKUP?

can someone please explain to me how to wire an intermatic timer to my pool pump i currently have a 2 speed pump that i run on low 90% of the time just looking to put a timer on it so i dont have to manually turn it on and off. the pump now currently plugs in to a gfci plug.
    15x30x54 AG,2HP2SP PUMP 400LB SAND FILTER

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: INTERMATIC TIMER HOOKUP?

Honestly, so many different Timer, what exact timer do you have ? I just went through an install....
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

3. Back To Top    #3

i have not bought one yet but was looking at the 101 i just want a basic timer to turn pump on and off nothing fancy

4. Back To Top    #4

The wiring details are easy, yet so different depending on your exact details. If you go to INTERMATIC web site and search for their pool timers, you will get many examples of exactly how to wire.

My is electric vs. mechanical, so not sure I can help.
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

5. Back To Top    #5

Since you have a plug-in pump, just search for a plug-in pool pump timer. Intermatic makes a few models.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

the only problem is my pump is 20 amp everything i have seen for a plug in is 15

7. Back To Top    #7

does anyone make a plug in 20 amp timer? if i do go with the intermatic 101 and hardwire it straight to my breaker box how would this be a gfci connection

8. Back To Top    #8

You wire it into your gfic outlet. Where are you going to put the timer ? I have a 101 and put it in my basement out of the weather.

Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

9. Back To Top    #9

not sure where to put it i would like to find one that i can just plug in to my gfci plug i have now and then plug the pump into it but all i can find are 15amp and i need a 20 amp anybody seen one?

10. Back To Top    #10

Is that pump 120 or 240 volts?

You could wire a plug and receptacle into the T101 and then plug that into the gfci receptacle you have.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

11. Back To Top    #11

pump is 120 , 20 amp . i see what u say about the plug and receptacle but would i not have to wire the timer to plug into the gfci receptacle i already have then rewire the pump into the timer would this not void the warranty on the pump.

12. Back To Top    #12

What I was thinking was that you'd wire a plug into the power side of it to plug it into the gfci and then you'd wire a single receptacle into the relay side to plug the pump into. That way you really wouldn't change anything.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

13. Back To Top    #13

yeah that would work . probably what i will have to do . looks like someone would make a straight plug in type?