Who am I going to call?

Apr 28, 2010
Central NJ
I have a pool leak and haven't been able to detect the source. When I looked at the water level before openning the pool, it was half-way up the skimmer. The leak seemed to have started when I removed the cover.....could I have torn the liner? I've let the leak go below the skimmers, the skimmers held their water, so no leak there. The water level stabalized a couple of inches above the returns, so I plugged all the returns and filled it up again, only to see it drop again. I can't find any wet soil around the pool. Can somebody recommend a company to call to help me out? I'm looking for detection and repair (unless it's the plumbing).

I did call a company and they want 450 for two hours and they say they will do a pressure test and repair any leaks in the liner. Is this the going rate...$225 an hour?

thanks

edit: major edit in response to Bama Rambler....thanks...my question was too vague.
edit #2: Oops, I'm in the Freehold, NJ area.

It would probably help to know where you are. It wouldn't do you much good for us to recommend Cool Pool Leak Detectors in McMurdo, Antarctica if you're in ClausLand, North Pole. :mrgreen:

American leak detectors have locations in a lot of places.

What all have you tried in order to locate the leak?

jrguzmanr said:
bumping, as I still need help.

thanks

We understand and are willing to help. BamaRambler asked you some questions that may help us remedy your problem. Can you post answers to those for us please?

Previously you said the level dropped to a couple of inches above the returns. Is it dropping to the returns now? Is there anything else in the pool at the level it stops dropping like light niches, etc.?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
just thought I'd give a follow-up. I had a company come over ($400 for 2 hours) and they found four leaks, all on the shallow end of the pool. Three were on the side, about three or four inches from the floor, and the fourth was on the floor. It seems that they were caused when some chairs flew in during the hurricane last year. I have done the bucket test for 12 hours and it's holding. :goodjob:

Moral of the story, only because the water levels off a little above the returns, the leaks can be anywhere....even on the floor!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.