Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: spa setting on the pool calculator

1. Back To Top    #1

spa setting on the pool calculator

On setting the spa calculator up, do you use the center of setting for the target setting . Like ideal for TA is 100-120, do you use 110 as you setting for testing, or the lowest point, an stay away from the highest. Baqucal is non chlorine and i'm changing to chlorine should I change chemical also for a better testing results.

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: spa setting on the pool calculator

Welcome to TFP!

The recommended ranges you use depends on the type of sanitizer you plan to use and the method. If you use the Dichlor-then-bleach method, then you'll want your TA to be lower at around 50 ppm, then add 50 ppm Borates (not optional -- the linked info hasn't been updated). This combination reduces the amount of pH rise since spas tend to have lots of aeration and are at hotter temperatures.

When changing from Baquacil, you need to completely drain the spa and replace your filter and even then after you refill and add chlorine you may get some junk in the water from what is leftover in the pipes. That's fine, just be aware that this can occur.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"