Spears 1.5" Gate Valve Repair

Jun 3, 2013
Help, looking to repair several Spears 1.5" Gate Valves. I've been told from my pool guy that you can unscrew the top portion of the valve and repalce the "guts" of the valve. I haven't been able to find a YouTube video. Seems to me that these valves are fairly common ... suprised soemone hasn't made a short video yet.

If anyone can help, I'm looking for a DIY video showing how to take one of these Spears valves apart inplace (without tearing my plumbing to pieces) to repalce the internal gate/top portion of the valve. I'm told it can be tricky aligning the gate with the bottom portion of the valve seat.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• spears 1.5 gate valve.jpg
    spears 1.5 gate valve.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 21
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Well, if you can not find a video ... why don't you make it and post it yourself? I can not imagine that it is hard to unscrew the valve apart ... although personally I have never seen those valves before.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.