Overwhelmed nOOb with questions.

Jun 3, 2013
Hello! First post here, be gentle. :wink: I'm also completely new to pool ownership. I'm going through a divorce and want to contain water activities to the backyard this year so I don't have to try to manage my kids at our club pool on my own. The 3-year old is a wild one. :)

I bought a 12 x 30 Intex Metal Frame pool and hope to set it up this weekend.

--What model sand filter pump do I need to get? I see that there are several types of Intex filters, but I am not sure which size I will need.
--Do I need to purchase a skimmer, and if so, what kind? I see there's a wall-mounted skimmer by Intex--will this work on the size pool I have?
--Is there a list on the forum somewhere of "Above-Ground Pool Must Haves?" My somewhat-distracted search did not yield any results.

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much, Casey. I had actually browsed through those links (very helpful!) but I still can't figure out exactly which filter/pump I need to buy.

I'll keep searching, maybe it will help my post-lunch food coma. Thanks!

Since you aren't getting a very big INTEX, I looked to see what WalMart carried online by putting in Intex Sand Filters in the search. Maybe this will help. I know INTEX makes a larger sand filter too. You could also probably find it cheaper if you look around ebay or Amazon.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-Krystal ... r/22012956

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.