PVC Joint Leaking - Is there a 'simple fix'

yukonsc

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2012
Oakton,Va
Plumbing re-do project is complete and after replacing every bit of PVC above grade - I found a leak once I turned the pump on - on the spa side return at the union from the 90 on the the jandy to the below grade line. (I'll take a pic today). Other then cutting it up is there a good fix for this? I was thinking of lathering up the joint with pvc cement and putting a shop vac on the line to draw the glue in.

I was hoping for a trick. - but I am thinking you guys are right I need to cut out the coupling. But now the question is - how to do it. Cut out a section big enough to put in 2 couplings with a piece between the two couplings making a slip joint? Maybe I'll just run a dremel down the sides of the coupling and bust it off...

man - I'll give it a shot. If it doesn't work I just have to cut it out. I spent a 2 weeks of my free time working on this pool. - redid the plumbing and redid the electrical to 2008 NEC. I want to take a break from this project and work on the 25 others.

I don't see why not. Take a scrap piece of slightly larger PVC, cut a small ring, trim the diameter, glue it in place with a hose clamp till it dries. Could even cut a ring from a fitting of the same size as the pipe.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
32390e45654a75c8a6dc5fa72a35a7bd.jpg

I was able to fix this male going into a female joint by priming then putting on cement. Gravity helped I'm sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.