Do these numbers look good?

May 29, 2012
Thomasville, NC
This has been our first season using the BBB method and I was just wondering if these numbers looked good. I am using one of the Leslie's branded Taylor test kits. I think I've finally turned the pool around. About two weeks ago I posted about transforming from green swamp and having clear but cloudy water. I finally have the water with extremely little to no cloudiness and chlorine loss. But anyways just wanted to see what those more experienced thought about all of my readings.

FC - 5
CC - 0
ph - 7.5
TA - 110
CH - 150
CYA - 40

I thought that they were where they are supposed to be just wanted someone elses opinion. I appreciate all the help and the information that is on here. I can't stand the pool stores now knowing what I've learned from here, and seeing people just wasting a ton of money compared to what I am spending now that I have everything under control. I was going on a bleach shopping spree there at first trying to get it under control, but now I'm adding very little bleach every few days to maintain proper FC levels. I love the BBB method and now that I understand, it is so simple. Thanks again.

tmcneil6 said:
I thought that they were where they are supposed to be just wanted someone elses opinion. I appreciate all the help and the information that is on here. I can't stand the pool stores now knowing what I've learned from here, and seeing people just wasting a ton of money compared to what I am spending now that I have everything under control. I was going on a bleach shopping spree there at first trying to get it under control, but now I'm adding very little bleach every few days to maintain proper FC levels. I love the BBB method and now that I understand, it is so simple. Thanks again.
Every few days? Some people like to live dangerously, I guess! :lol:

You might be catching sparklypoolitis.

Well I check the FC level everyday, but while I'm at work for 24 hours I'll adjust it the night before I go to work and can't check it until two days later. For instance I brought the FC up to 5 on Saturday night and this morning(Monday) when I got home from work the FC was down to 3 so I brought it back up to 5 this morning. I'll check it this evening around dusk and check again in the morning. I'm only checking the FC and ph daily, and everything else once a week.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.