Concrete Pool Deck recently poured - blotchy & spotty? HELP!

Mar 17, 2013
So we're getting towards the end of a new inground, vinyl pool build in Northwest Ohio. It's an L shape.

The concrete was poured on Thursday. I noticed a few blotchy spots that were darker than the rest of the concrete. I just assumed it was an area that hadn't fully dried/cured yet. We did get some rain Thursday night, and some spotty showers over the weekend.

It's now Monday, and the spots are still there. I'll attach a few photos. We've yet to pay for the concrete - and I was planning on holding off until this issue was resolved.

Any suggestions on what the options are to fix this? I did some digging online and saw that they may have sprayed too much curing agent on these areas... but don't know if there could be any other causes.

I'm going to talk to the pool builder about it today.. and then let him deal with the concrete guy. Any additional questions that I need to ask, etc. or any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

Attachments

• concrete.JPG
    concrete.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 90
Re: Concrete Pool Deck recently poured - blotchy & spotty? H

Also... they came on Friday to cut the lines into the concrete. I noticed they didn't cut one of the lines all the way to the end. Not sure how to describe it, but will attach a picture for that too. Is there a reason why they wouldn't cut it all the way?

Attachments

• concrete cut.JPG
    concrete cut.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 81
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.