Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Oxidizing shock potassium monopersulfate

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Join Date
    May 2013
    San Diego, CA

    Oxidizing shock potassium monopersulfate

    I am thinking about using a couple of pounds of this once a week in my 15,000 gallon pool to keep the SWG running smoothly and avoid having to shock the pool as often. I this stuff helpful in that regard?


  2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad JohnT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    SW Indiana

    Re: Oxidizing shock potassium monopersulfate

    No. If you properly maintain the water you should almost never need to shock the pool.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

  3. Back To Top    #3
    JasonLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Silver Spring, MD

    Re: Oxidizing shock potassium monopersulfate

    MPS can be handy in certain situations, notably indoor pools, but for outdoor pools it has no advantages over chlorine and costs more than chlorine.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts